Hi,

"I'm standing alone in the darkness.The winter of my life came so fast. Sun shine in my eyes I'm still there everywhere-I'm the dust in the wind-I'm the star in the northern sky-I never stay anywhere-I'm the wind in the trees..."

Friday, April 10, 2009

INSTALLATION EXHIBITION " I SEE .."


23/4/2006
Artist: Nguyen Kim Hoang

Statement :

There was a wind that accidentally ignited a fire in me, and I craved to express it, gradually becoming an obsession… so it is… have you ever thought about an obsession? For me, it is not simply pain, loss… sometimes it is changing from a torment, from a passion… there are times when it is as if I will shatter because of such delirious thoughts, I crave to speak, desire to say… I storm away, but am stopped because of a person’s sentiment…
“I ... fall into a passion, swept away... Following me into sleep and awaking with me are liquid crystal body shapes, flexibly moving and writhing, crouching and twisting upward... His emergence is a pompous turning in front of me.
I turn my face, I brush him aside, I stomp on him... But his figures are glass, flat in wither entreat... then I see broken pieces, some red, some black... I feel pain... I reach out to touch him, but why... why it isn’t real!
I run but still look back... How severe I am!?? It seems his legs can’t move him further; His body looks as though it self destruct - the broken pieces are green. How he needs an arm, a look, a love... He needs forgiveness! ”

And, many different worlds are opened when I heed to the feelings of others. There is death existing in life; pain in resentment; distortion in desire… the hidden corners that are unaccepted. Suddenly, I don’t want to speak with words, I don’t want my obsession to be confined by the feelings of those watching. Listen to yourself! And tell me the first simple word that comes into your mind.
And, think about this simple thing, I want to express! I want to be heard. I want to be freed! That is expression!

Project title: I SEE

Idea: Buto, an artistic dance that was created by the Japanese as a resistance to the Europeans. Specifically, opposing ballet. If ballet is perfection of the beauty of conformation, elegance, attractiveness, softness, tenderness, and with the tendency to look upwards, Buto is the contrary. It is hard, rough, and looks downwards… showing the bad that exists in our life, the bad that has not been accepted by every man. From this perspective, I think about an invisible corner of a man – a Buto dancer. Twisting, pain, obstacles, and desire are what I want to portray… along side a man is also a devil, an animal, a serpent, and a broken spirit…
L ời t ựa…

Có ngọn gió tình cờ, thổi bùng trong tôi một ngọn lửa, và tôi khao khát được thể hiện. Rồi dần trở thành một nỗi ám ảnh…
Vậy đó… Có bao giờ bạn nghĩ về nỗi ám ảnh? Với tôi, nó không chỉ đơn thuần là đau khổ, mất mát…, mà có khi, là sự chuyển mình từ một nỗi day dứt, từ một nỗi đam mê…
Đã có lúc, tôi như muốn vỡ ra vì sự cuồng loạn của suy nghĩ, tôi thèm được nói, tôi say nói… Tôi ào ạt… nhưng rồi tôi chựng lại bởi cảm nhận của một người …
“ Tôi...
...đam mê mất rồi, bị hút mất rồi... Theo tôi vào giấc ngủ và thức cùng tôi là những hình hài như tinh thể lỏng. Vừa uyển chuyển vừa oằn oại, vừa cúi thấp vừa ngẩng cao…, hắn luôn luôn chồm đến như khoa trương như chờn vờn trước mặt.
Tôi xoay mặt đi, tôi xua tay với hắn, tôi giẫm lên hắn… Thế nhưng sự phẳng lì đến khôù khan của hắn cứ van vỉ… Tôi lại thấy những mảng vỡ, những đỏ, những đen… Tôi thấy đau… Tôi đưa chạm tay vào hắn nhưng sao…, sao không có thật!
Tôi bỏ chạy nhưng vẫn ngoái nhìn… Sao mình khắc nghiệt quá!?? Hình như đôi chân hắn không đưa hắn đi xa được. Thân hình hắn như tự vỡ - những mảng vỡ màu xanh lá. Hắn cần biết bao một cánh tay, một ánh mắt nhìn, một sự yêu thương… Hắn cần sự tha thứ!
Tôi…
…trở lại… ” ( ziantiele@yahoo.com )
Và nhiều thế giới khác được mở ra khi tôi lắng nghe cảm nhận của người khác.Có tồn tại cái chết trong sự sống ; có nỗi đau đớn trong sự hận thù ;có sự oằn mình trong khao khát...; là những góc khuất bị chối bỏ. Bỗng dưng, tôi không muốn nói thành lời nữa, tôi không muốn đổ khuôn cảm nhận của người xem trong nỗi ám ảnh của mình.
Hãy lắng nghe chính mình! Và hãy cho tôi biết một từ đơn giản nhất bật ra trước tiên trong đầu bạn!
Và, hãy nghĩ đơn giản một điều là, tôi muốn được thể hiện! Tôi muốn được lắng nghe. Tôi muốn được giải thoát!
Đó là sự chia sẻ!

Ý tưởng :
Buto là một loại hình nghệ thuật múa do người Nhật nghĩ ra,đối lập với điệu múa Ba-Lê. Nếu như vũ Ba-Lê thiên về cái đẹp hình thể, thanh thoát, quyến rũ, mềm mại, dịu dàng, hướng lên cao thì Buto là ngược lại, thiên về sự cứng nhắc, gồ ghề, cúi xuống đất… phô bày cái xấu, những thứ vẫn hiện diện trong cuộc sống, trong mỗi con người nhưng luôn bị chối bỏ, phủ nhận. Từ cuộc trình diễn của một nghệ sĩ buto, tôi nhìn thấy góc khuất trong con người. Sự oằn oại, đau đớn, sự gai góc, hằn thù, sự khát khao thể hiện … Tồn tại song song trong một con người là một con quỷ, một con thú, một con rắn…, là phần hồn bị phân hủy …

Nguyễn Kim Hoàng

No comments: